Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mating 604 with ribbon tweeter

  1. #1
    Inactive Member soundoff88's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can anyone share their experiences on the use of ribbon tweeters with the 604 C or D? I've some ribbon tweeters rated at 96 db that I want to try. What is a good starting point for the xover frequenccy?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member soundoff88's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Since no one is willing to share then I'll answer my own questions. forums The tweeters in question are the Sequerra T1 ribbons. The previous owner had taken out the attenuators and xover networks. I ended up using the on-hand 4.7uf caps for a first order 2800 hz xover frequency based on the 8-12 ohms impedance. The 604C is running at full steam with the ribbons. I am still not sure about the xover point but the high frequency is better.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GuyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2004
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's interesting.
    I'm considering running a pair of JBL 076's, as super tweeters with my 604's too. I know nothing about crossover designs so I'm just gethering some info at the moment.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member soundoff88's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting for sure! I took the low road and you took the high road. What are your plans? Bandwidth limit the 604 and crossover at 12k thereabout or 'enhance' the highs with the super tweeter?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member GuyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2004
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was thinking of enhancing the highs but I might go the other way.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member soundoff88's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Guy,
    Have you figured out what to do with the 12khz crossover point yet?

    DJL

  7. #7
    Inactive Member GuyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2004
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not yet, DJL.

    The JBL tweeter is 105db sesitivity. I have found the value of the resistors for a 6 db L-pad. I still don't know which cap value I need and where to install it (before or after the resistor).

  8. #8
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Guy,

    L-pad comes after the cap.

    Dave

  9. #9
    Inactive Member GuyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2004
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, Dave.

    BTW,
    If you're in the neighborhood, you're welcome to come by again, and listen to my new amps.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, I'd love to. I'm actually going to be in your neighborhood tomorrow but I won't have time to stop by. I'll get in touch with you in the next couple of weeks though.

    Dave

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.